How to Share a YouTube Video on Instagram
- Instagram limitations
- How to post your YouTube videos to Instagram easily?
- Share YouTube video on Instagram Stories
- Grab the link
- Place the link
- Adding a link to your Bio tip
- Why should you share YouTube videos on Instagram?
You have created a visual masterpiece and posted it on YouTube. Naturally, you are going to want to promote it and share it with your Instagram audience. However, you soon find out that there is no direct way to do that at the moment. Today we are going to show you a workaround and how to post YouTube videos to Instagram eventually that still works in 2023.
Posting videos on Instagram from YouTube has certain limitations on video length and its dimensions. Depending on if you want to share in stories, reels, or the Post, there are 2 different options. Let us start with the most versatile one that will work for stories, Reel, IGTV, and even a Post.
How to post your YouTube videos to Instagram easily?
As we mentioned earlier Instagram has a certain format that requires your video to suit it.
For that operation, we need to edit our original video. This may sound overwhelming as not everyone has such experience in video editing, but with VEED editor it is going to be simple as it already has templates for Instagram video resizing.
- On VEED click to upload the file from your local storage in the New Project tab and choose your original video.
- Give that a moment to load and once it is done you will see that we have a size tab under project settings on the left side of your screen. Click on it and scroll down until you see Instagram options and pick one that you need for either Reels, Story, or Post. They all have set aspect ratios to edit your video in accordance with the format of the chosen option.
- In the preview screen, you can hold and drag your video and adjust its appearance within the chosen format to your liking by pulling the sides until it fits on the frame.
- On the timeline, you can also set its duration by dragging the split cursor over it and pressing the Split tool right above. Now repeat the same process both for the start and the end of your video to set the portion of the video that you’d like to share.
- To start editing click the “Download Section” that is right next to the “Split” option and then select Instagram recommended settings in the drop-down menu of advanced settings.
- Then click back and click the download button. As the process is done, VEED proceeds to the downloading page where you select mp4 file format and download it.
- Now the video is ready to post on Instagram.
Share YouTube video on Instagram Stories
You can also share YouTube video to Instagram Story If you have more than 10,000 followers on Instagram, but take into account that they last for 60 seconds max. You can choose from many options here and use stickers to add on photo that will contain the link to your YouTube video.
Grab the link
First, you need to locate the link that you want to share which is easy on the YouTube app. You simply click on the video, go below to find an icon to share the video, and click ‘Copy Link’ from here.
Place the link
Now having the link copied into the buffer, we open up Instagram, press the home button swipe across to get to the Stories page and there you can either do a short video presentation or take a photo. Then we need to choose a sticker to apply the link on. You will see an emoji face at the top of your screen among other icons. Click on that, go to the search bar, and type ‘Link’ here to find the Link sticker. This will allow you to add the copied link to your story. Now you can move the sticker around, add text, and there you have your YouTube video linked to Instagram Stories and clickable!
Adding a link to your Bio tip
In case you made a brand-new Instagram account and the option to add the link to your Instagram Srories is not available, you can still add the link on your profile page which contains a ‘Website’ string for that. That is how to share YouTube video on IG in three different ways.
Why should you share YouTube videos on Instagram?
This allows you to repurpose your content and drive your Instagram audience to your YouTube channels. This in turn gives you more subscribers and watch time which is important for the channel's growth. Eventually, you will establish mutual relationships between those platforms and make your audience more engaged, following and subscribing to you on both.
IT entrepreneur and co-founder of VJump. His passion is travel photography, within which, he has already visited 75 countries. Photos taken during his travels are actively posted on his social networks. For example, his Instagram account has more than 1 million followers.
In addition, his documentary short film Terra del Fuego was awarded more than 30 international awards and certificates at film festivals worldwide.