TikTok is replete with 15-second clips, in which the authors try to convey a unique idea with their individual performances. Filling the meaning with a 15-second video is not an easy task. But if you have grasped the concept of transitions and short, yet succinct clips, you will fit right with platform trends.
Transitions on TikTok are a kind of action that allows you to combine several clips into a coherent video without seams. Transitions can be some simple action in front of your camera that will smooth out the transition from one scene to another.
Swipe is one of such transitions, easy enough to perform. Its essence is that you kind of flip through your clips in which you change your hair, clothes, or your location by making this magical gesture. In addition to the gesture, you can use a dynamic soundtrack that will emphasize your action in the frame and further synchronized with the video in the process of editing.
How to do swipe transition on TikTok
And so, how to make the swipe transition with all this data in mind:
- Choose your narrative, let it be a change of clothes, hair, and your location divided into three clips.
- In the first clip, you may appear in some home clothes that you plan to replace with outfits for an outing or a party.
- You can dance to the music, which will also be present in your video. Find the right timing to make a swipe pushing your scene left, right, or in any other direction for variety. Finish recording the video at this point and change your clothes or your hairstyle.
- In our second clip, we start shooting from the same position, given where our swiping hand was in the previous clip.
- Continue your dance with your new appearance to make it look like a continuation, and then you can repeat the same steps for other changes to your look in the frame (hairstyles, outfit, location, etc.).
All we have to do next is editing our clips, so they become one with swipe transitions.
TikTok swipe transition app
All you need to do is a few clicks on your smartphone for quick and easy editing.
- Find and install Vjump from in the App Store for iOS if you are using iPhone or Play Market for Android devices.
- Grant the app all the requested rights to work with your smartphone
- Add your clips in the app (or make them with the app)
- Pick swipe transition and click apply
- Wait for 5 minutes for our editors to do the job and then share your new clips on TikTok!