Transitions make videos look cooler if done seamlessly. To show your car, you need to make around 4 to 5 scenes from different angles and find a way to make a transition for each of those scenes. Let us make it together with a simple example.
Here is the basic concept: the car has an interior and exterior, it can stay still or move. These would be our four scenes then. But before recording these scenes, we need to find the way how we are going to do all the transitions. We can use a prop or the car itself. The concept here is to cover the frame going from the action to the action with something. So let us make it step by step.
TikTok car transition to perform
Recording scene number one:
- Get in the backseat of your car and pick a direction from which you are going to move your camera to the left or right. Capture your car’s front panel through the seats and try to move it horizontally from one seat to another.
- As you reach another sit with your camera, it should cover a whole frame, and that is going to be our 1st transition set.
Recording scene number two:
- Set yourself outside and ask your friend to drive nearby while you take a low angle on the wheel level of your car, looking at 45 degrees from the bottom to the top.
- As a transition, we use your car’s ending in the frame, thus you need to put your camera closer to the side of your car to cover the frame. Or it would be better to have a tablet in your other hand for that frame covering as your car drive by.
Recording scenes number three and four:
- Here we add some dynamics to the video. We are going to capture two scenes. The idea here is to make a POV record of you going to get into your car. Make sure your left hand is free and go to your car from the left side to open the door. As you opened the door, move your camera inside and cover it with your hand holding onto the inside handle of the door on the way of your camera path.
- In another scene, we can record from the same position. The idea is to set your camera to fly from the previous scene to the hood, and the hood cover will be the transition that can lead us to any of the rest scenes we recorded already. That way, we can loop the whole clip.
Editing clips with the vjump app
To merge all the scenes quick and easy way into a seamless sequence, we recommend you to use the vjump app. It works great both for iOS and Android devices. Install the app on your iPhone and all you got to do then is a few clicks. Add your scenes to the app and choose car transition below. Send it for processing and wait for 5 minutes to share it on TikTok right after.