How to Add Music to Any Instagram Post
- How to Add Music to Instagram Stories
- How to Add Music to Instagram Reels
- How to Add Music to Instagram Posts
- Veed Editor usage to add music on Instagram Post
Let us say that you want to post to Instagram, and you want to add some music to it. There are three types of posting Stories, Reels, and Feed Post. Thus, we are going to add audio to Instagram posts in three ways as well.
- Add music to your stories
- Add music to your Reels
- Add music to your Feed Post
Let us break it down and see how to post music on Instagram for each of the post types.
How to Add Music to Instagram Stories
So, you have a video chosen to add to your Instagram Stories. Now you need to click on the sticker button at the top of your screen among the other options and select the music sticker from there. This will bring you to the music selection menu where you can browse or choose from the list ‘For you’ with the search bar above. Now you have that sticker on top of your story video to adjust the song and select the section of it to play during the video. The only issue here is that if you want to post it to your feed you can’t just go ahead and click the download button at the top of the screen because there would be no music but just the same video without it. So that was how to add song on IG post for Stories now let’s go to Reels.
How to Add Music to Instagram Reels
It is a very similar process to what we’ve done with Stories. Select the Reels tab at the bottom and here all we have to do is click on the audio on the left and again choose the music to your taste from the two presented lists by either browsing or picking one from a ready-made list. Select the section of the song you want to play during the video and click Done. And now as you are going to record you will have the music going on. Or you can just import the video from your phone, and it will work the same with the music. That was how to add music to posts on Instagram Reels.
How to Add Music to Instagram Posts
This one is going to be a bit tricky because there is no option to add music directly to the Feed Post. So if you have a video that you want to add music to you have to do that in an external video editor because if you just try and add the music through your Stories and then download it to add to Post afterward, you won’t have music saved on that video as we mentioned earlier and the same with Reels. We will use the Veed video editor to add music.
Veed Editor usage to add music on Instagram Post
Veed editor has good usability because it contains built-in templates for Instagram that include video aspect ratios and the settings specified for all Instagram post types.
So, how do you add music to an IG post feed using Veed? Here is a step-by-step guide.
- Open up the Veed and create a new project. Then we are taken into uploading the Video/Audio screen.
- Click ‘Upload a File’ here and browse for your video to choose from.
- Now go to the settings tab on the left choose a template you want to apply and then resize your video in accordance by dragging the sides of your video within the preview frame.
- Now click on the ‘Upload’ button on the left side where we went for settings before and then click on ‘Upload Audio’. Browse the audio of your taste and select it to import. Now, you have your audio added above the video on the timeline.
- We need to click on the video first and then mute the audio on it using the ‘Editing settings’ above so the sound from the original video won’t overlap the added soundtrack.
- After that, we go back to the audio and trim it to match the video. You can also use the “Fit Timeline” option there.
- Once you are happy with editing all you have to do is click on ‘Export at the top right and here are the export options. Scroll down presets until you see Instagram with all the recommended settings built-in that are designed to not lose quality and then click on ‘Export Video’.
- Now you can upload this edited video with added audio to your Instagram post.
IT entrepreneur and co-founder of VJump. His passion is travel photography, within which, he has already visited 75 countries. Photos taken during his travels are actively posted on his social networks. For example, his Instagram account has more than 1 million followers.
In addition, his documentary short film Terra del Fuego was awarded more than 30 international awards and certificates at film festivals worldwide.